Applications are open for Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) which is designed to fund small-scale but high-impact projects in Official Development Assistance (ODA) eligible countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement.
The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) program for the eastern Caribbean is administered directly through the High Commission of Canada for Barbados and the eastern Caribbean, based in Bridgetown, Barbados. The CFLI program is funded and administered separately from Canada’s Caribbean Regional Development Program, which covers the CARICOM countries.
All projects must align with at least one of the CFLI thematic priorities.
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls; This specifically refers to sexual and gender-based violence, child and early forced marriage, gender mutilation and cutting; strengthening women’s organizations; and strengthening the capacity and systems of state and non-state actors to advance gender equality.
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaption and mitigation, as well as on water management.
The average contribution per individual project is expected to be in the range of CAD $10,000-$45,000.
The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) provides direct funding assistance to:
- Non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations,
- Academic institutions working on local projects,
- International, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities,
- Municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects,
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities.
- The CFLI is always looking to fund innovative projects, which deliver measurable results.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Antigua & Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat (British overseas Territories), St. Lucia and St.Vincent & The Grenadines.
For more information, please visit CFLI.