The Arab Gulf Programme for Development (AGFUND) invites the United Nations, international and regional organizations, ministries and public institutions, national Non-governmental organizations and individuals worldwide to submit nominations as deemed eligible for the 2017 AGFUND International Prize for Pioneering Human Development Projects.
The Subject of the 2017 AGFUND Prize is “Ensure inclusive and quality education and promote lifelong learning for all”.
- Support the distinguished efforts aiming at the promotion and development of the concepts and dimensions of human development.
- Disseminate the successful project experiences.
- Highlight the best practices, which aim to improve the living conditions of the poor and disadvantaged with particular emphasis on women and children.
- Enhance the exchange of experiences and develop better mechanisms to find solutions to the problems of poverty, marginalization and socioeconomic exclusion of vulnerable groups.
- Projects that are funded, designed and implemented by UN Development Agencies or international and regional NGOs.
- Projects that are funded designed and implemented by national NGOs.
- Projects that are funded designed and implemented by government ministries and public institutions.
- Projects that are initiated, funded and/or implemented by individuals.
- Cash amount of US$ 1,000,000 (one million) distributed as follows:
- First category: US$ 400,000
- Second category: US$ 300,000
- Third category: US$ 200,000
- Fourth category: US$ 100,000
- Certificate of Recognition and trophies will be presented to all winning projects in all categories.
How to Apply:
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit AGFUND International Prize.