The Grant Manager, in close collaboration with the Deputy Country Director and the field teams, will ensure regular oversight, monitoring, and support to the management of the Mission’s grant portfolio, all through the lifecycle, proposal preparation, to grant compliance checks, donor visibility requirements and reporting.
The Grant Manager will take the lead and/or support the process of development of high quality funding proposals and concept notes. S/he will lead the reporting efforts of the mission in compliance with donor regulations, and shall follow mission-level and HQ related established processes, and ensure all documentation is in line with Action Against Hunger’s Internal Guidelines.
To ensure efficient processes and contract monitoring, the Grant Manager is expected to create and maintain tools and grant files and records, including the GESPRA system (AAH project archiving platform) and stay updated on donor requirements.
This is an extremely dynamic and rigorous role, requiring strong coordination and organization skills, to ensure that all deliverables are produced in a timely manner, which can be a challenge at times. The Grant Manager will keep in regular contact with all staff involved in the implementation of grants.
Upon request from the Country Director and Deputy Country Director, based on time availability and needs, the Grant Manager could at key moments also support the Mission with tasks related to:
Donor Mapping and Donor Intelligence
Development of miscellaneous products for donors/external stakeholders
Undertake communications activities in the absence of a dedicated staff
Objective 1: Actively support the oPt mission in identifying and responding to new funding opportunities
- Support the Country Director and Deputy Country Director in terms of donor intelligence by gathering and maintaining up to date a donor mapping and search for background information on key donors. This will take the form of a donor data base, briefing notes and any other relevant document.
- Monitor new call for proposals and thoroughly review the ones published, identifying risks and constraints for each one as well as AAH’s eligibility and brief DCD and other relevant staff accordingly.
- Support and/or lead proposal writing effort in coordination with DCD and technical teams in the field. This entails the preparation of internal work plan, proposal templates, review of donor guidelines, writing of sections of or full concept notes and proposal, quality and coherence check, language editing, financial vs. narrative coherence review etc.
- Ensure proposals/CN are in accordance with donor frameworks, guidelines and language.
- Coordinate any donor feedback and ensure timely submission of requested feedback and resubmission.
Objective 2: Coordinate and lead the production and submission of quality and timely donor reports
- Maintain up to date reporting schedule and ensure information sharing to all relevant staff within the mission so reports are adequately anticipated.
- Support AAH field teams and coordination with admin/finance to understand donor requirements and anticipate any difficulty in fulfilling them.
- Prepare reporting formats and support field teams not familiar with them to understand them
- Assist field teams in drafting of donor reports by ensuring that reports are in accordance with donor requirements and are submitted on time.
- Liaise with either HQ or donor to stay up to date on reporting requirements and in following-up/tracking of submitted reports
- When feasible, ensure that reporting requirements are kept minimal for the Mission and that processes are streamlined and efficient.
Objective 3: Provide Strategic and Technical support to Grant Management and Partnership
- Lead and support the mission process of due diligence with partners. This includes briefing staff members on the process, supporting them in filling the documentation with AAH’s new partners and maintaining an up to date database of all the required documents.
- Review thoroughly all contract and memorandum of understanding signed by AAH with donors, partners, institutions and ensure use of standard formats. Ensure alignment with AAH and donors’ requirements.
- Maintain up to date archives of key contractual documents (proposal, contract, partners’ MoU). This includes the maintenance of the related sections in GESPRA (Online Project Management Tool), at least on a weekly basis.
- Provide briefing papers and support the development of external communication tools relevant for donor visits/meetings.Set up and constantly update database for donor guidelines and regulations, and create fact sheets for main donors.
- Inform programme and support teams on any changes to existing donor guidelines and regulations; answer/investigate any compliance related questions during the course of the projects
- Coordination with Admin/Finance Coordinator on donor compliance issue and contractual issues Support.
- Support Programme Teams in ensuring donor visibility requirements are met and in the planning and organisation of donor field visits.
- Follow up on technical compliance regarding donor rules and regulations (means of verification, quality of documentation, and technical archiving) and support field team to comply with relevant programmatic archiving.
- Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (communications, political science, law, etc.).
- Good experience in proposal writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures, coordination of processes.
- Previous experience in a similar position and/or in the humanitarian field of at least 3 years.
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger or organization with similar sectors (WASH, FSL) and donors (ECHO, Humanitarian Fund/OCHA, UNICEF, Spanish donors) strongly preferred considering length of assignment.
- English: Compulsory working language. Excellent writing skills are required for this position / Arabic: Useful / Spanish: An asset.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 4.5 months with possibility of renewal.
- Base: Jerusalem with regular trips to Hebron and Gaza bases. The work can be remote/ home-based depending on possibilities of travel in COVID-19 context and on candidates’ availability.
- Compensation package: from 24,392€ to 28,457€ gross/year divided in 12 payments.
- In addition, there will be living expenses and per diem paid in local currency, corresponding to approx. 750 Euros per month at today’s exchange rate, for a fully worked month in the mission (*).
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: 5 working days every 4 months, break per diem: 215 EUR, break travel allowance: up to 360 EUR.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Accommodation in guest house or payment of an allowance covering partially an individual rent (800 USD).
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expatriate health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
(*) in local currency subject to unexpected changes in currency exchange
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PACKAGE IS APPLICABLE FOR FOREIGN APPLICATIONS ONLY. NATIONAL APPLICATIONS WILL FOLLOW DIFFERENT CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO AAH POLICIES.
Only applications received through our online service will be considered. Please click on the following link to access the service: