Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995.
Its mission is to help children suffering acute hardship by reintegrating them into society and leading them to decent, skilled and well remunerated jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working with full respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
PSE is operating six main programs: nutrition, healthcare, protection and accommodation, general education, vocational training and family support.
PSE is taking care of more than 6,500 children and more than 4,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position.
PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE was awarded the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
Reporting to the Manager of Extra Curriculum Activities, Mental Health and Disability Support Programs and in collaboration with the manager of the Adapted Teaching Section, in Phnom Penh, the position consists in:
- Coordinate the differents departments working with students with disabilities or with learning disabilities at PSE
- Develop an occupational therapy diagnosis ,Analyze the needs, Propose an occupational therapy intervention and recommend technical aids for students with multiple disabilities.
- Coordination of team and projects of Adapted Teaching Section : support for the implementation of Individual Project, involvement of families, support multidisciplinary exchanges.
- Development of partnerships with other organizations in order to develop and improve support for children within PSE but also in general for people with disabilities in Cambodia.
- Diagnosis and evaluation of the motor, sensory, cognitive, mental and functional abilities of children with disabilities or with learning disabilities. Realization and writing of clinical assessments of children.
- Analysis of the children needs, lifestyle, environmental factors, disability situations and development of a personalized intervention program.
- Implementation of rehabilitative follow-up in occupational therapy (individual or group) and workshops for motor, cognitive or sensory stimulation in collaboration with the teams.
- Advocacy and training in the use of technical aids, compensation strategies and environmental planning in order to maintain, support and improve the functionality of gestures and autonomy of the child in his/her daily life and his/her schooling.
- Management of equipment in occupational therapy: settings, budget, stock management.
- Recommendation and implementation of orthopedic appliances in collaboration with physiotherapists and the orthoprosthetist.
- Advice, support and training for teams and families.
- Ensure the continuation of a project around AAC Alternative and Augmentative Communication.
- Support a project aimed at returning the children to their family environment for the night.
- Improve the autonomy and comfort of children by settin up suitable equipment, advice and support for families.
- Support the development of learning, educational and rehabilitative spaces adapted to students with multiple disabilities.
Experience / Training
- A Degree in Occupational Therapist
- At least 5 years experience with adults/children with multiple disabilities
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process
- Team worker
- English (mandatory, speaking, writing), Khmer (is a plus), French (is a plus)
- Mastery of the basic computer tool (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Monthly gross salary of USD 700
VSI contract for European Union Nationals, providing comprehensive coverage for healthcare, assistance/repatriation insurance, pension contribution, plane ticket one way and return, plus round plane ticket once a year to home country.
Sarting date as soon as possible depending on health constraints linked to international travel.
How to apply
Applications with cover letter and resume should be sent to email@example.com
www.pse.ong for comprehensive information concerning PSE