Casework and Advocacy Coordinator
- Do you want to help child refugees access safe, legal routes to sanctuary?
- Do you want to join a ground-breaking, determined and compassionate charity that is leading the fight for child refugees caught in limbo in Europe and elsewhere?
As the Casework and Advocacy Coordinator you will manage individual cases of protection and family reunification, whilst improving referral pathways in the North of France and the surrounding areas. Through information-sharing and advocacy, you will ensure that unaccompanied minors and people in vulnerable circumstances can access safe and legal routes to sanctuary. You will work in partnership with field organisations to develop an advocacy strategy to promote legal pathways in the post-Brexit context. This is a cross-border role, requiring strong teamwork with colleagues based in Paris, Athens and London.
- 29,000 euros (dependent on experience)
- Permanent, full-time
- Safe Passage France
- Based in Paris with trips to Northern France and occasional trips to the Safe Passage Head Office in London / or based in North of France with occasional trips to Paris office and to the Safe Passage Head Office in London
- Reporting to Head of Safe Passage in France
- Please view the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
Who we are:
Safe Passage was founded in late 2015 in response to the thousands of refugees living in precarious conditions in the “slums” of Calais. Since then we have grown from a small UK project, to an international organisation with 24 members of staff supporting refugees to access safe and legal routes to asylum across Europe. We are a cross border organisation with offices in the UK, France and Greece.
- Our vision is for every person seeking asylum to be able to access a safe and legal route to a place where they can lead a full and dignified life.
- We do things differently – championing refugee rights through strategic legal work, advocacy, capacity building and community organising.
- We are focused on achieving systemic change in refugee and asylum policy at both nation-state and international level.
To date, more than one thousand individuals have travelled to safety through routes we have opened and/or democratised. Our work has also been recognised with awards from Liberty, Sheila McKechnie, the European Parliament and EU Commission, as well as being chosen as Guardian ‘Charity of the Year’.
The successful candidate will join the organisation at an exciting time. In 2019 Safe Passage International became an independent charity and registered as legal entities in France and Greece. Moreover, 2020 will be a challenging year due to the Brexit ‘transition period’.
To apply: send your CV and a cover letter that addresses each point of the Person Specification and tells us why you would love this role and working for Safe Passage to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Email Subject Line: APPLICATION for casework and advocacy coordinator.
Closing date: Sunday 1st March at midnight but may close early as applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.