Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995.
Its mission is to help children suffering acute hardship by reintegrating them into society and leading them to decent, skilled and well remunerated jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working with full respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
PSE is operating six main programs: nutrition, healthcare, protection and accommodation, general education, vocational training and family support.
PSE is taking care of more than 6,500 children and more than 4,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position.
PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE was awarded the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
Job Position: Academic Coordinator
Recognized officially by the Royal Government of Cambodia, PSE Institute (PSEI) delivers diplomas approved by the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training. The School of Business (SoB) is part of PSEI: its mission is to increase the access to qualified jobs to under-privileged youth in Cambodia, by offering a high quality training in the field of administration, accounting, human resources and retail. It provides training to more than 350 students per year and delivers Technical Vocational Diploma, Higher Diploma and Bachelor (BBA).
The position is reporting directly to the Dean of the School of Business in Phnom Penh.
- Curriculum development and alignment with labor market expectations, ensuring adapted balancing between theory and practice
- Scheduling and curriculum planning
- Coordination with Teacher Team Leaders
- Support to teachers: lesson planning and preparation, materials, class visits and feedback, students’ evaluations, advice to teachers who have students experiencing academic or discipline problems (in coordination with the Student Affairs Officer)
- Contribution to teachers evaluation and performance improvement process; support to group and individual professional development and training, inside and outside the school
- Oversee of all school and state examinations processes, logistics and documents
- School information system management
- Coordination of the Autonomous Learning Time (ALT), an instructional, non-classroom program of the SoB: assist the supervision of students and impulse the development of adapted pedagogic tools as well as capacities of the teachers to enrich the activities (homework, teamwork, case studies etc.)
- Supervision of the Library activities
- Assistance to the Dean with all academic work relation locally and internationally (corporate, ministry, mission, volunteer, seminar…)
Experience / Training
- Master’s degree in Education or a related field
- High level of English
- Experience in managing teams and coaching teachers; classroom experience also required
- 5+years of teaching experience
- Very good interpersonal and communication skill
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process
Monthly gross salary of USD 600 minimum
VSI contract for European Union Nationals, providing comprehensive coverage for healthcare, assistance/repatriation insurance, pension contribution, plane ticket one way and return, plus round plane ticket once a year to home country
Applications with cover letter and resume should be sent to email@example.com
www.pse.ong for comprehensive information concerning PSE
Coordination SUD est agréée organisme de formation et référencée Datadock.