(Call for tender available on CFI’s website)
Terms of Reference
A subsidiary of the France Médias Monde group, CFI, the French media cooperation agency, supported by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, is in charge of the coordination and implementation of public aid policy to promote and enhance media in developing countries. CFI is currently involved in around thirty projects that fall within three major programs: media and governance, media and development, and media and enterprise.
The Project “Balkans Voices”
Benefiting from their experience in the implementation of Media development projects, the animation of cultural and artistic expression spaces, and the support to audiovisual initiatives, CFI and the Cooperation and Cultural Action Services (CCAS) of French embassies of the 6 Western Balkans countries have decided to jointly set up the “Balkans Voices” project.
Focusing on the youth of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia, the project aims at supporting youth expression in the region through digital media. To meet this objective, the youth of these countries will benefit from access to training, networking, and support for their media, audiovisual and artistic initiatives, in the form of three actions:
1 / Implementing Media education tools and workshops for high school students, and trainings on facts checking and countering fake news and misinformation for journalism students.
2 / Providing Support (workshops, incubation) and organizing networking activities (regional event) for new media players and influencers in order to consolidate their projects, get to know each other, exchange views and meet relevant players and experts in their fields.
3 / Providing technical and financial support, along with visibility opportunities, for young image and audiovisual players, film school students and young talents (workshops, production support, regional audiovisual project), in particular through the mobilization of embassies’ cultural network.
CFI needs an operator to provide specific services of regional coordination in Western Balkans.
The operator will provide operational coordination services in order to implement the activities of “Balkans Voices” project at the regional level, in accordance with the project proposal and the budget and in connection with the project manager at CFI headquarters and with the COCACs in each of the embassies. Main missions are the following:
1) Ensure the proper implementation and monitoring of activities in accordance with the project schedule and budget
- Coordinate the implementation of activities in connection with the organization in charge and other partners
- Organize the events of the project (regional conferences, training, seminars), in conjunction with the organization in charge and other partners
- Set up monitoring / evaluation tools for activities towards partners and beneficiaries
- Ensure communication actions and disseminate calls for applications
2) Ensure coordination between project partners and stakeholders at national and regional levels
- Set up an information sharing system to make the link between the project partners (between the different CCASs of embassies and between embassies and CFI)- Contact and identify synergies with media players and youth initiatives at regional and national levels, in connection with embassies.- Produce a contact file for the recruitment of beneficiaries (in particular new Media players and influencers)- Represent the project towards local and regional actors: national authorities, international organizations, civil society organizations…
3) Provide field expertise
- Facilitate discussion groups with privileged interlocutors of the project (youth organizations, CNC, NGOs and Media players)- Identify and build partnerships with training centers and / or youth organizations in each country, in conjunction with embassies.- Produce reports identifying the needs for training and support of target audiences, taking into account national and individual specificities- Suggest a list of speakers / trainers, especially at the local level- Produce trimestral activity reports and co-organize the steering committees
Experiences and skills
This service requires experience on projects related to youth engagement and training; and / or media education and audiovisual (including web) production. The local coordinator should have experience in implementing international humanitarian / development projects requiring the coordination of several actors.
The service also requires the following qualities:
o Experience / Knowledge of the countries of the region
o Experience in Organizing events and / or Trainingso Knowledge of initiatives and / or media education needs at regional and national levels highly appreciated
o Experience / Knowledge of cultural actors (especially in international cooperation) and cultural and creative industries preferable
o Media Expertise and / or Interest in New Media and Online Media welcome
o Interpersonal and writing skills
o Organizational skills
o Communication and representation capacities with various stakeholders
o IT skills (Office, Collaboration tools, social networks)
Professional level of English and/or French; One or several regional languages an asset
Background in: Project Management, International Relations, Political Sciences, Journalism, Digital Media production, Audiovisual or Film School, or related fields
Country of assignment: Albania
The operator will travel throughout the countries covered by the program (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia).
Type of contract: Public contract of services.
Targeted candidates: services’ operators, person able to work in the country under self-employment or similar status
The contract will be signed for 20 months, starting between June and august 2020 (starting date to be discussed jointly)
Submit a Tender
The tender received from the candidate shall contain, among others, the following documents:
- Consultant’s CV or outline of relevant skills and experience possessed by the consultant who will be carrying out the tasks and any key personnel who will work on the assignment;
- A technical proposal (max 3pages) : The applicant will explain its understanding of the expectations of the service in a cover letter: it will report its own experience on how to approach the mission by justifying its approach through its knowledge of the issues in the project and the results of its past experiences
- A Financial proposal will be attached to the technical proposal
- Any documents proving that the candidate fulfill with all the legal requirements (registration, payment of taxes, etc.) to be working in Albania and travel in the project area (Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia)
The tender must be written in French or in English.
It will be sent to the email adress firstname.lastname@example.org before June 4th 2020 at 12pm