Publication reference: FR-PA-LOG-202101
Publication Date: 12th April 2021
Action Contre la Faim (ACF) was founded in 1979 by a group of French intellectuals in response to the emergency in Afghanistan. While the fight against hunger had previously been an element of more general humanitarian action (the fight against poverty, promoting better health, etc.) they founded an organisation that was exclusively dedicated to ending hunger.
Since 1995, ACF has developed within the framework of an interdependent international network: ACF-International (ACF-IN) and has opened four additional headquarters in Madrid, London, New York and Montreal to better respond to the needs of populations.
ACFIN intervenes in the following situations:
- In natural or man-made crises which threaten food security or result in famine,
- In situations of social / economic breakdown, linked to internal or external circumstances which place particular groups of people in an extremely vulnerable position,
- In situations where survival depends on humanitarian aid.
ACFIN is now recognised as one of the leading organisations in the fight against hunger worldwide.
The purpose of this Call for Tenders is to solicit competitive offers from reliable and specialist manufacturer for the supply of Specialized Nutritious Foods in order for ACFIN to treat and prevent malnutrition, and the related services: Transportation, Storage, Laboratory tests, Research partnership, etc.
Required goods are divided in 3 lots:
- Lot 1: Ready to Use Therapeutic Food (RUTF)
- Lot 2: Lipid-based Nutrient Supplements (LNS Large Quantity (LQ) / LNS Medium Quantity (MQ) / LNS Small Quantity (SQ))
- Lot 3: Therapeutic Milk
Bidders can submit an offer for one or several or all lots.
The objective is to sign framework contracts with one or several manufacturers for 2 years.These contracts may then be extended two (2) times one (1) year.
Bidding documents can be obtained by interested parties from:
Mr. Rémi Goossens
ACF does not bind itself to award the tender to the lowest tender or any bid and reserves the right to accept the whole or part of the tender
The deadline for submitting the offers is 10th May 2021 before 12pm (France Local time).