The UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) in Vietnam is inviting non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and research, educational and academic institutions promoting women’s rights and gender equality to submit proposals to contribute to the advancement of gender equality in Vietnam.
The primary focus of the proposals shall be about strengthening the roles played by non-government actors to assess and monitor the implementation of public policies, actions, investments and results.
Expected Results :
- Strengthened capacity and roles of NGOs on CEDAW and evidence based policy advocacy, including through introduction of a gender-responsive budgeting approach.
- Strengthened partnership between NGOs and state institutions responsible of implementing CEDAW Concluding Observations.
- Strengthened capacity of CSOs to provide feedback on poverty reduction and economic development programmes in ethnic minority regions to ensure gender equality and the empowerment of ethnic minority women and girls.
- Practices and lesson learned from CSO monitoring and promoting accountability of the government to ethnic minority women and girls documented and shared.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Proposals can be submitted by an organisation or jointly by two or more organisations from any of the following categories:
- Non-governmental organisations
- Research, educational or academic institutions
- Member of a relevant NGO network
- Joint submissions by a network of NGOs are encouraged.
- The applying organization must be legally registered in Vietnam.
Grant Information :
- Budget requests should not exceed VND 1,050,000,000.
- All project activities must be completed no later than 15 December 2017.
How to Apply :
Interested applicants must submit the following documents in English via email at the address given on the website:
- Application form
- Logical framework
- Implementation work plan
- A copy of your organization’s legal registration document
- Supporting documents such as your organizational brochures, previous annual reports and audit reports
For more information, please visit UN Women-Vietnam Call for Proposals.