The Global Partnership for Social Accountability (GPSA) is inviting non – state non-profit entities authorized to operate in the Dominican Republic, to submit proposals for projects of social oversight, individually or through consortia implemented.
The Global Partnership for Social Accountability (GPSA) launched a Call for Proposals in the Dominican Republic to improve service delivery in basic education, justice and citizen security by strengthening the capacity of the Dominican government and supporting social accountability initiatives implemented by civil society.
The Dominican Republic has extensive experience with collaboration between state institutions and citizens, and has promoted participation and social control interventions by civil society organizations (CSOs) with the support of the government. This call is part of a partnership between the World Bank and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and builds on previous initiatives led by the World Bank and supported by the GPSA, such as the IPAC, an anti-corruption initiative with heavy civil society engagement, and a strong GPSA portfolio already under implementation.
Priority Areas :
- Strengthening the participation of community participation instances at school level to improve accountability of schools.
- Strengthening of the citizen monitoring process of IDEC Phase 2 and of the Education Pact.
- Support for the development of a crowd sourced data collection system on minor crimes and its pilot application in a municipality of the country
- Monitoring of the quality of services provided by the National Police and Ministry of Interior and Police (procedures)
- Strengthening citizen participation in the implementation and monitoring of priorities identified by the Governmental Commission for Internal Security.
- Citizen follow-up to the levels of implementation of agreements arising as a result of the Judicial Summit.
- Support to the implementation of a citizen feedback system on the quality of the justice service provided to the most vulnerable users
Eligibility Criteria :
The GPSA calls for the non – state non-profit entities authorized to operate in the Dominican Republic.
Funding Information :
The project proposals can last between 3 and 5 years and the indicative amount of the project is between US $ 400,000 and US $ 500,000.
How to Apply :
Interested applicants must send their applications at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Global Partnership for Social Accountability.