The International Rescue Committee (IRC) helps conflict- and crisis-affected people to survive and rebuild their lives. The IRC has been working with communities in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) since 1996, improving access to education and health services, long-term community driven reconstruction, and empowering and protecting women in conflict-affected communities.
The IRC is seeking an Equitable Access to Education Advisor for the anticipated USAID/DFID Equitable Access to Education and Learning Project, which will focus on improving access, quality, and governance of education in Katanga, Equateur, Kasai Occidental, and North and South Kivu. The Equitable Access to Education Advisor, located in Kinshasa, will provide technical oversight and guidance on the full range of interventions that address barriers to access including community-led solutions, alternative/accelerated education, safety and psycho-social approaches, and reduction of financial barriers.
* At least five years’ professional experience designing and managing donor-funded projects in education in DRC or the region.
* At least three years’ experience working in the education sector in DRC or the region.
* Proven record developing and implementing activities to reduce/eliminate barriers to access to primary education, including community awareness, alternative/accelerated education, and reduction of financial barriers.
* Experience in designing and implementing training curricula and training facilitation.
* A minimum of a Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in education, development studies, public/business administration, international relations, other social sciences, or a similar relevant field.
* Advanced skills in developing and delivering technical training to a range of actors including NGOs/CSOs, community members, and government stakeholders.
* Experience managing teams of technical/professional staff and STTA.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills and talent for productively interacting with a wide range of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, and research institutions).
* Willingness to travel throughout the project locations.
* Fluent French, conversational English.